Organic cane sugar is a great choice for making hummingbird food. It is important to use organic sugar because it has not been processed with chemicals or pesticides.
When you make your own hummingbird food, you can control the amount of sugar and add other ingredients that will benefit the birds. Here are some tips to follow:
- Fill a clean hummingbird feeder with fresh, clean water
- Add organic cane sugar to the water, using about 1/4 cup of sugar for every 2 cups (0.47 l) of water
- Stir the mixture until the sugar has dissolved completely
- Hang the feeder in a location where you will be able to see it easily, such as near a window or patio door
- Enjoy watching the hummingbirds visit your feeder!