Pelicans are large water birds with long beaks and webbed feet. They are found near coasts and in wetlands around the world. While pelicans can be friendly birds, they should not be touched without permission from a qualified professional.
Pelicans can bite and their bills can cause serious injury.
- Stand in front of the pelican, making sure you have its attention
- Reach out slowly with your hand, palm up and fingers extended, towards the pelican’s head
- Gently stroke the top of the pelican’s head or neck with your fingertips until it becomes used to your touch
London Laws for Tourists
If you’re planning a trip to London, it’s important to be aware of the city’s laws and regulations. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- It is illegal to drink alcohol in public places. This includes parks, streets, and squares. If you want to drink outdoors, you’ll need to do so in a licensed area such as a beer garden or outdoor seating area at a restaurant.
- Smoking is also banned in all indoor public places, including bars and clubs. You can smoke in designated smoking areas outdoors.
- London has strict laws regarding littering and graffiti. It is punishable by a fine if caught. Be sure to dispose of any trash properly, and don’t deface any property with graffiti.
- Cycling on the sidewalk is not allowed. Stick to designated bike lanes when riding your bicycle around London.